Percutaneous Access

Arterial Access on The Complete REBOA Task Trainer is true to life. 

The femoral artery is in the correct anatomical position and can be located with surface landmarks. The vessel is of the typical size for an adult man. You can feel a slight "pop" when you enter and there is an immediate return of pressurized blood flow. 

But percutaneous access is only used 28% of the time for REBOA (AAST AORTA Registry 2016). Complete Training requires practice on the other 72%. 

 

Open Arterial Access

Performing a "cut-down" for femoral artery access is a critical skill. Of all techniques used when performing REBOA, femoral cutdown was used 50% of the time (AAST AORTA Registry 2016).

Ultrasound-Guided Access

Vascular access is critical in the pulseless, hypotensive patient. That is why The Complete REBOA Task Trainer has tissues which mimic the appearance of human anatomy on ultrasound. 

 

Central Venous Access

Control of catastrophic bleeding is part hemorrhage control, part resuscitation. That is why you need arterial and venous training in tandem. Instead of training on a separate CVC mannequin, The Complete REBOA Task Trainer includes femoral vein access with an IVC to support central vein catheter placement.


Radiographic Footprint

Plain film Xray and fluoroscopy are invaluable in trouble-shooting incomplete occlusion, transient patient response, or for targeted placement for Zone 3 injury. The Complete REBOA Task Trainer has a radiographic footprint that allows directed placement of the REBOA balloon in Zone 1 at T10 and above, or in Zone 3 at L3-L4. The radiographic footprint correlates with the surface anatomy of the trainer (Xiphoid and T10, Umbilicus and L3) and correlates with the Aortic branches for Zones of hemorrhage.